Monday, April 28, 2008

Perfect

I think it's odd to have a crying routine। To set yourself up to cry. My mom cries while doing simple mindless household chores, things like laundry, ironing or cooking. My best friend picks out a movie, or novel, some sort of heart-wrenching saga you can't help but wallow with tears in. I've heard people cry in the shower, the rain cleansing their tears, diluting whatever pain they might be in. My husband always cries at home in his study after pouring himself a good glass of whiskey and opening his newspaper to hide his face behind. He never cries in front of anyone. I could hear him sobbing in his room as I rocked in my rocking chair. I contemplated walking over to him and comforting him but it was a useless thought since I knew he wanted to cry and had taken so much effort and care in making himself ready that I did not want to steal his moment. So I rocked.

Click here to read the rest of Ms. Masson's Story....

2 comments:

Ms. Masson said...

I am proud to call you friend!!!!

Your story is fucking amazing.

Educator said...

OOps..that was me....signed in as you...like a dork!